JPK 45 FC
The JPK 38 FC, nominated Boat of the Year 2013, has validated the concept of a gentle seaworthy cruising boat, planing and spacious, stable and safe. The JPK 45 FC takes up its spirit and benefits from a larger hull volume to accept more load for the "long voyage" and bring even more comfort, at sea and at the harbour.
The core of the JPK 45 FC :
- A perfectly balanced hull design;
- A "strong box" construction;
- A short keel or long keel version depending on the project (same stability value);
- A modern, bright and warm interior concept adapted to the sea as well as to the harbour, to sunny latitudes as well as to Austral destinations;
- Reliable peripheral equipment (engine, deckware, pumps, fridge, etc.);
- And finally, a beautiful look, because it doesn't cost more to make it "pretty"!
Naval architect J. Valer
LOA 13,80 m
LWL 12,90 m
BOA 4,50 m
Displacement 9,5 t
Volvo engine 60 cv
Keel 4,1 t
Standard draft 2,25 m
Short draft 1,90 m
Main 53 m²
Genoa 60 m²
Asy spinnaker 205 m²
Symetric spinnaker 125 m²
A fast cruiser in all conditions
Key point of the project: thedraw of the hull. It was of course assigned to the yard's original architect, Jacques Valer. All of Jacques' boats, whether they are racing or cruising oriented, have the "seaworthy" spirit in common. They are comfortable at sea, stable and perfectly balanced.
When travelling, even if you want to sail downwind, it is still essential to have a boat that can sail comfortably and efficiently upwind. A return across the Atlantic, for example, is usually done with the breeze upwind and the cruise can quickly become a nightmare if the design is too "open" or if the construction does not allow a good ratio of weight.
Downwind or reaching, the boat is required to be balanced, stable and planing, capable of high average speeds without putting too much stress on the pilot or helmsman, who can also enjoy the experience.
Infused sandwich construction allows many possibilities. The choice of the number of layers and the type of fibre, the choice of the quality and density of the core of the sandwich... The infusion process makes it possible to laminate the entire hull and its structure under vacuum in a single operation, which guarantees total homogeneity. This technique produces a truly "safe" construction.
The JPK 45 is highly reinforced in the high stressed areas forward keel, hull bottom structure, mast and chainplate support, and keel base. The core of the sandwich in these areas is a high density foam with high impact absorption properties.
Weight savings are achieved in areas of low stress such as the topsides and some superstructures. The lower parts of the interior, as well as all the bulkheads, are also made of infused sandwich with an attachment to the hull and deck by lamination.
This meticulous construction results in an overall light hull that has nothing to do with the standard constructions of big shipyards, while being very resistant.
Two options :
- The standard fixed keel (mix of cast iron and lead) with bulb, 2.20 m TE ;
- Optional fixed keel (mix of cast iron and lead) "elephant" type, 1.90 m TE.
With 1300 kg of SG cast iron and 3 tonnes of lead, the short keel weighs 300 kg more than the standard version with a keel design elaborate enough to maintain an effective upwind center of efforts. The stability of the boat is almost identical to the standard version and much higher if you choose the carbon mat, whose price is equivalent to the lifting keel option originally envisaged.
- Bright and beautiful, it is carefully treated as a real living space, modern but warm, as pleasant and clear at the harbour as it is functional and safe at sea.
- The front of the roof is equipped with a sunshade, which has the advantages of a good view forward without the disadvantages of direct sunlight.
- There is also a raised saloon over the water (800 litres) and GO (300 litres) tanks, and a long galley with a central cabinet for cooking when the boat is heeling.
- The many handrails and non-slip floors add comfort to the sea.
- A large WC/shower room at the foot of the companionway, two double aft cabins, one of which can be converted into a workshop, a forward owner's cabin with an intercom or transitional cabin between saloon and forward cabin including 2 bunk beds and large storage modules.
- As an option, the entire area forward of the saloon is a large owner's cabin with bathroom/WC/shower.
- A "large format" card table with a comfortable watch seat.
- Dog house (optional) with watch seat and door.
- The dog house, is available on the boat, although a standard sprayhood version is also available. The dog house, a closed version of the sprayhood, allows you to sail under cover whatever the weather and offers an ideal watch position.
- Inherited from ocean racing, the ergonomics of the manoeuvres and the quality of the deckware are well thought out. All manoeuvres (mainsail halyard, mainsheet, reefing, tacking, etc.) are carried out from the cockpit on the winch consoles, which are mounted in front of the double wheel, freeing up 100% of the forward cockpit space for friends and family. Only the fixed halyards (genoa & staysail) and gennaker halyard remain on the mast winch.
- Cockpit table with sink and flaps adaptable to the heeling.
- Access from the cockpit to the foredeck is secured by a side access step and handrails on top of the sprayhood and roof.
- At the rear of the windlass, a large anchor box with a handrail can be used as a large warp and fender box.
- The long bowsprit accepts 1 or 2 anchors and is used to attach the asymmetric spinnaker or the gennaker.
- Double steering wheel with seat box, remote mainsail track behind the cockpit, large rear storage locker accessible from the deck, water launching step.
- As an option, a composite gantry for the tender can hold solar panels, a wind turbine, radar and antennas. Everything is designed for the best combination of safety and ergonomics when sailing, space, functionality and user-friendliness at stopovers.
- Yachting World. Test du JPK 45 FC
- Voile Mag. Essai 100 milles à bord du JPK 45 FC : le bel oiseau du large
- (Vidéo). Découverte du JPK 45 FC
Layout plan(2 versions)
Our lastest news about the JPK 45 FC
Abonnez-vous à la newsletter de Kahuna en cliquant ici, ou retrouvez leurs réseaux sociaux ci-dessous. Facebook Instagram Linkedin Youtube Envelope Link